- 3 pounds chicken parts (breast, drumstick, and thigh), skin and fat removed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth, fat skimmed from top
- Place chicken in 2-inch-deep, 13-by-9-inch pan. Arrange onions over top.
- Mix together vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, pepper, hot pepper flakes, chili powder and stock.
- Pour mixture over chicken and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done. While cooking, baste occasionally.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1 chicken part with sauce
Each serving provides:
- Calories: 176
- Total fat: 6 grams
- Saturated fat: 2 grams
- Cholesterol: 68 milligrams
- Sodium: 240 milligrams
- Total fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 24 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7 grams
- Potassium: 360 milligrams