With the recent opening of the combined Heart Hospital Cancer Institute at Saint Francis Medical Center, patients have access to cutting-edge treatments, state-of-the-art technology and world-class physicians all under one convenient roof.
The Heart Hospital, with private patient rooms, provides advanced diagnostics, pioneering cardiac intervention and surgeries, emergency care, cardiac rehabilitation, risk assessments for heart disease, vascular disease screenings and education programs to patients throughout the region. The highly skilled cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery teams at Saint Francis have achieved mortality rates that are 50 percent lower than the national average and discharge many patients within four days.
Saint Francis is a leader in cardiac innovations — it is the region’s first Medical Center to perform cardiac catheterization — and continues to lead the way in heart care with trailblazing procedures. Saint Francis was also selected as the first healthcare institution in Missouri to perform the FDA-approved Diamondback 360°® procedure for clearing plaque from blocked arteries in patients’ legs.
Accreditations and Awards
- Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Missouri
- Full Cycle III accreditation with PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) from the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Numerous recognitions for quality of care from HealthGrades® in 2012, including:
- – Ranked Among the Top 10 in Missouri for Overall Cardiac Services
- – Ranked Among the Top 5 in Missouri for Cardiac Surgery Two Years in a Row
- – Five-Star Rated for Coronary Bypass Surgery for Two Years in a Row